What does it do?
LiveLight connects professional lighting control hardware with the audiences’ smart devices over public networks (4G, 5G, WiFi) to control their screens in almost real time, making them part of the show, not just spectators.
How does it do it?
The event’s lighting controller connects to an up loader box which uses our proprietary software to upload that data to a dedicated cloud server. Users who want to be part of the show, connect to the cloud server either via web-link or our iOS or Android app (currently in development) and immediately become a pixel in your show.
What do we need to make it work?
- A lighting or media controller capable of outputting Artnet. - you probably have this already to control the rest of your lighting and media show..
- A Sauca LiveLight Up-link Box - rent, buy or license our software on your own hardware.
- A Sauca LiveLight show server to stream your cues to - either your own dedicated cloud set up, or use ours to get you started.
- A reliable high speed internet connection. - a wired connection is preferred.
- Sufficient connectivity for your audience, 4G, 5G, WiFi or a combination of all three.
- Show content you want to share with the audience - you can create your own just like with other lighting content
- An audience willing to participate, and become part of the show in an unforgettable and immersive way - you’ll need to tell them how and when!
Do you harvest user’s data?
No. The web version uses a temporary cookie to define where the user is in the lightshow. The phone apps ask the user to grant operational privileges like using the screen and the data connection in the same familiar ways as most other modern apps. There is currently no sign up requirement for basic usage.
Does it eat the user’s data/battery?
No more than having your screen on or viewing a website/video, we send about 8 bytes of data 25-30 times per second, which is very low, we are after all sending only 1 pixel at a time, not a whole video stream. Our apps have in built warnings for low battery.
What’s the difference between the web version and the app?
The web version simply connects to our cloud web server and is very straight forward to connect a user to, just enter the supplied URL or scan a QR code and provides basic pixel display functionality. Our phone apps provide additional functionality such as control of the device’s flash/torch function, easier connection to locally available streams and links to wearables. More features are under development.
What Devices does it work with?
Smartphones Android or iOS , tablets, iPads, laptops or anything else that can open a website and has a screen. With our apps we will soon extend support to wearables like smartwatches and other Bluetooth enabled smart peripherals.
How Much does it Cost?
We operate a licensing model based on the number of users per event so imagine 50p per head as a ballpark.. Of course there are many ways set this system up and your exact requirements will depend on how the hardware and software components are supplied and what level of tech support you require. We’re happy to discuss the details of what works for you.
Want to know more?